These are key insights into just how essential online traveler reviews have become in the hotel booking process. This is to spotlight the relationship between traveler reviews and hotel bookings.
Travelers stay positive. The survey results debunk a common misconception that travelers primarily write reviews to complain about bad experiences. In fact, sharing positive experience is their main motivation.
there are 5 facts about hotel reviews.
1. 74% of travelers say they write reviews because they want to share a good experience with others
So, this debunks that myth that people only write reviews when they want to rant or complain.
2. 98% of travelers find TripAdvisor hotel reviews to be accurate of the actual experience.
That’s why it’s important to check online first, before booking in a hotel.
3. 95% of survey respondents say they would recommend TripAdvisor hotel reviews to others
This is how TripAdvisor has risen from the crowd of service reviews. It has become a leading reference in travel information.
4. 87% of travelers agree that TripAdvisor hotel reviews “help me feel more confident in my booking decisions”
That’s why hotel owners and hotel staff should be wary of their actions so they do not end up being in the spotlight of a bad review online. It could cost the performance of the hotel for a year. Thanks to the business website like tripAdvisor giving us a rich information of what we, as travelers, want to see and want to be reminded before each trip. It is for sure that people go online with search engine to look for what they want to shop doing homework before spending money. Therefore, apply search engine optimization SEO on each business or e-commerce website becoming a must do action right after building a site.
5. 53% of travelers say they will not book a hotel that doesn’t have any reviews
Is no review better than bad reviews? Apparently not. The hotel should at least garner a response from someone to be bookable.
So, there you have it, 5 tips of hotel reviews and how they affect sales.